The course is 180 minutes(3 x 60 minutes). We understand how intimidating interviews can be so it’s never a bad idea to take time to prepare for a job interview with a native speaker. The aim of the course is to boost your confidence, test your speaking and prepare you for the most difficult interview questions.
Follow these steps to get started:
1. Book a trial lesson and get confirmation within 24 hours.
2. After the trial lesson and testing, we agree on a schedule.
3. Pay for the course.
Job Interview Intensive Course
Lesson 1: Introduction and Building Confidence
Objective: Build confidence and improve speaking skills for job interviews in the field of expertise.
- Greeting and establishing rapport.
- Engaging in casual conversation to create a relaxed atmosphere.
Discussion and Analysis:
- Identify the field of expertise and common job interview types.
- Discuss the importance of clear and confident communication during interviews.
- Identify specific areas of concern or challenges.
Common Interview Questions:
- Introduce a list of common interview questions in the field of expertise.
- Discuss effective strategies for answering each question.
- Provide sample responses and encourage practicing aloud.
Role-Playing and Feedback:
- Engage in role-playing exercises as the interviewee.
- Conduct mock interviews using the common questions.
- Provide constructive feedback on communication skills, body language, and overall performance.
- Encourage reflection on strengths and areas for improvement.
Lesson 2: Mastering the Art of Clear Communication
Objective: Enhance clarity and fluency in speaking during job interviews.
Review and Reflection:
- Recap the previous lesson and discuss progress and challenges.
- Encourage personal reflections on speaking skills.
Pronunciation and Enunciation:
- Focus on improving pronunciation, stress, and intonation relevant to the field.
- Practice words, phrases, and industry jargon used in interviews.
- Provide exercises and drills for refining pronunciation.
Vocabulary and Expressions:
- Introduce industry-specific vocabulary and expressions.
- Discuss appropriate usage during interviews.
- Engage in interactive activities to reinforce understanding and application.
Fluency and Cohesion:
- Explore techniques to improve fluency and coherence in spoken English.
- Practice transitional words, linking phrases, and discourse markers.
- Conduct speaking activities and discussions for smooth and coherent speech.
Lesson 3: Advanced Interview Strategies and Mock Interviews
Objective: Apply advanced interview strategies and simulate realistic interview scenarios.
Review and Goal Setting:
- Review progress since the start of the course.
- Set specific goals for the final lesson.
Advanced Interview Techniques:
- Introduce advanced interview strategies specific to the field.
- Discuss techniques for handling challenging or unexpected questions.
- Share tips for effectively showcasing unique skills and experiences.
Mock Interviews and Feedback:
- Conduct realistic mock interviews with a variety of questions.
- Evaluate performance and provide detailed feedback.
- Discuss areas of improvement and provide guidance.
Final Practice and Wrap-up:
- Engage in a final round of practice interviews to consolidate learning.
- Encourage the application of learned skills and strategies.
- Provide a summary of key takeaways and additional resources for ongoing improvement.